S’mores cookies with my Little Sister
My Little Sister and I had our first slumber party this past weekend. I was trying to figure out something we could do together, when I realized we should probably make some delicious sweet treat to go along with our dinner. I found a great recipe for s’mores cookies on Baked Perfection, and thought it would be a good idea to take cookie baking to a whole new level. The s’mores cookies were a little more involved than your basic run-of-the-mill cookie, and are undeniably tasty as well. I let my Little Sister take the lion’s share of the cookies (no need to have all that gooey goodness lying around for temptation…), but we had fun making them.
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. miniature chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips (I didn’t have mini ones, so we just cut the regular ones … it was a mess!!)
- 2 Hershey bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and a dash of cinnamon. In a second larger bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes and remove from the oven. Push 3 – 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of Hershey bar into each cookie. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies …. and you don’t want to know how bad they are for you! But they’re GOOOOOOOD!