Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
As I mentioned yesterday, I have a bit of a backlog of recipes to post, and this one is from a few weeks ago, when we were busy preparing for our friends Meg and Britt’s wedding shower. We wanted something we could stash away on the side while we worked to not get in the way of all of the baking we were doing, and I found this tasty recipe on Apple A Day, a site I enjoy very much. I kept their recipe more or less intact, but also added a bit of brown sugar, an extra splash of vinegar and a couple squirts of Sriracha to make sure it stayed spicy enough. We served it on some toasted onion buns alongside some sides I picked up from nearby Blue Ribbon BBQ, had a friend over for dinner, and enjoyed it immensely. I had a few leftovers, AND there was enough to freeze for the future. This is *very* moist and tasty, moreso than any pulled chicken I’ve ever had! Enjoy.
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken (Makes a ton..)
Adapted from Kelsey’s Apple a Day
- 1 (14 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2-3 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken (mix of thighs and breasts, we used 2/1)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, and cook for about 5-6 hours on low.
- Shred chicken with forks (it won’t take much) and serve however you like!