I feel kind of bad blogging this, because there literally is NOTHING to this recipe at all, BUT it is so good that I have made it about three or four times. Part of what makes this recipe so delicious is that the mushrooms are cooked down in sherry, which definitely comes through in the overall flavor. I have thrown this together within minute a few times, and have been pleased and excited each time. I think you will be, too!
- 1 pizza crust of your choice
- Pizza sauce
- 3 portobella mushroom caps, sliced
- Olive oil
- 4 tbsp. sherry
- Pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add mushrooms and sautee for 3-4 minutes, until mushrooms begin to soften. Before mushrooms get too soft, add sherry to man, and left mushrooms soak up that delicious cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, lay your dough out on a pizza pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Add pizza sauce.
- When mushrooms are done, spread them out evenly on pizza dough. Add cheese. Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Slice and enjoy!